Hillbrooke Hotels (New Forest) Ltd trading as, Spot in the Woods
What information do we collect?
The information we hold about you may include:
• Your name
• Postal address
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Transaction information linked to payments processed
How we use your data
• To provide information you have asked for
• To contact you if there are any changes or updates to your accommodation booking
• Marketing – If you have opted to receive marketing communications from us we will tell you about e.g. events, news and promotions
• To occasionally undertake customer research to help us understand how we can improve our products and services
• To process payments and associated transactions
• Internal record keeping linked to managing accommodation
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from the 25th May 2018 we will only send marketing information to people who have said that they agree to us doing so via an opt-in process.
The option to opt-out of marketing communications will be available at all times. All emails carry an unsubscribe link to click if you no longer wish to receive them. We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information.
We will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about our customers to any third party without first receiving that customer’s permission.
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
When you make a Booking, some transaction details are needed to complete your request and process your payment. Any such information is stored securely. If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you for administrative purposes regarding a Booking. For example we may email you to give you important information about the room you’ve booked, with any changes that affect you.
Use of the website
Cookies – A cookie is a small file, saved onto your device, which stores small pieces of information about how you have used our site. We use cookie information to monitor traffic levels and to find out how our website is used, and to improve your experience on our website. We do not store any information about you personally in our cookies.
We track and monitor activity on our website using Google Analytics. We may monitor information that web browsers and servers typically make available. This includes your IP address about your visit, records of how you navigate the pages on our site and how you interact with the pages. Data that is collected is done so anonomously, we cannot see any individuals data, and it is randomised.
How we keep your data safe
Access to customer information is controlled. Any data received and stored on our own server, managed by Net Primates Ltd., is only accessible by logging in with a password by a nominated person/s.
New Primates Ltd. central infrastructure, which includes the web server hosting www.spotinthewoods.co.uk is located in a secure datacentre based in London, UK. The security of the infrastructure is guarded by physical security 24/7, CCTV and card identification. The hardware is sat on a multi-homed resilient 10G network with multi-tiered firewall security. It is backed up to a remote location based within the EU.
Email marketing data is held securely by our email distribution supplier Campaign Monitor.
We will store your data in our systems for a maximum of 5 years after your last transaction or communication with us.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
• The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
• The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
• The right to withdraw your consent to marketing
• The right to request that we erase your personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
• You have the right to get a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can request a copy of your personal information in writing to Hillbrooke Hotels (New Forest) Ltd trading as Spot in the Woods, 174 Woodlands Rd, Netley Marsh, New Forest, Southampton SO40 7GL. Please include your full name, address and contact telephone number and details of the specific information you require, including any relevant dates. We will respond to your request within one calendar month from receipt.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy